Top 10 Tips for Attending Wedding Shows
If you've checked out our site page "Why Attend a Bridal Show?", then you already know how helpful wedding shows will be in planning your wedding! But what can you expect? What do you bring? Here are some tips on that and more that will help make your day at the show be more fruitful...
1. Pre-Register Online: Doing so saves you valuable time at the show filling in a registration form. If you pre-register, your name will be on a list waiting for you at the door!
2. Bring 2-3 sheets of peel-off labels with your name, phone number, email address, and wedding date (if known) printed on them. You'll be writing your name and address a lot otherwise, entering the various giveaways and promotions at vendor's booths. This will save you a great deal of time, allowing you more time to browse and chat with our wedding professionals!
3. Sign up for ALL the giveaways! Some vendors give discounts for their services, some give prizes such as gift baskets.
4. Have your date book/calendar handy with you so you can schedule appointments with vendors for follow-up.
5. Collect as much literature as you can from everyone. When you find a vendor you would like to follow up with, take a pen and write what struck you as appealing about them on their business card or literature. When you get home and are faced with brochures from multiple vendors in the same category, your note may be the only thing you have to remember which ones stood out to you and why. The amount of offers you receive/business cards, etc. may seem overwhelming at first, but once home, take the time to read through them or you may miss out on some very good deals.
6. Bring your credit card or cash to the show with you in case you want to book services or hold a date! Some of your BEST discounts will be given AT the show.
7. Bring your partner, family members and/or bridal party members. It's good to have your partner's opinion available should you need to make a decision to book, and others may see something that you would have otherwise missed. Another set of eyes and ears is always helpful!
8. Ask lots of questions! The show is FILLED with wedding professionals, and while you're there take advantage of the opportunity to learn as much as possible.
9. Make sure your phone/camera is charged and have it with you - you'll want to take pictures, particularly during the fashion show!
10. Wear comfortable shoes and make a day of it...feel free to pop out and grab some lunch, and come back for the fashion show or to take another look. Just show your proof of ticket purchase/entry, and you can head back in! Relax and enjoy the day!